Brent Parent Carer Forum (BPCF) is our official independent support group for families of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
The group, which is supported by the charity Contact a Family, works we us and other organisations to help design and develop services that improve the lives of children and young people with SEND and allow them to reach their potential.
The forum is free to join and is open to all Brent parents and carers of children and young people with SEND up to the age of 25.
- Work in partnership with us, commissioners and service providers to represent the views of parents and carers in order to influence services and get the best provision for children and young people with SEND
- Inform forum members of relevant SEN policies and developments at local and national level.
- Encourage parents and carers to have a voice and to take part in consultations and discussions with the council and its partners.
- Feedback to us the results of consultation as well as general views and comments on SEND services
provide appropriate training for parents and carers to support them in their roles
- Engage as many parents and carers as possible in the forum’s activities, particularly other smaller and seldom-heard parent support groups