Parent Champions -SEND
Do you want to make a difference for parents and carer in your community?
We are working together with Family and Childcare Trust and Brent Local Authority to support families to be better informed and supported.
We are looking for Brent Champions – SEND
We want you to be our voice in your local community.
We are looking for parent/carers who would be willing to volunteer a few hours a week and meet with other parents telling them about services for children and young with SEND through a range of different avenue. In area such as:
- Child Brent Carer parent forum – official strategic voice in Brent
- Brent’s Local Offer
- Access to Short Breaks
- Health services and key messages
- Childcare and parenting support
What are the benefits for you ?
- Opportunity to meet with other parents/carers
- Training to assit you to move toward developing your confidence and skills
- Experience that will support you toward new goals and employment
- You will become better informed and equipped in your own role as parents
- You will receive regular support and supervision.
Interested? Get it touch today!
Contact Carol Foyle: -07852101492
You can attend an informal briefing session On: Tuesday 14th November 2017
At: 10CVS – 11am – CVS Brent 5 Rutherford Way, Wembley, HA9 0BP
The two day training program for newly recruited Parent Champions SEND
Monday 20th and Wednesday 29th November 0930-1400